Whether you need a single shipping crate to export your 2200 pound industrial milling machine or hundreds of custom pallets & crates for shipping a 27 lbs missile, Mil-Spec Packaging is the leader in custom crates and pallets in the Southeast. Our goal is to provide excellent service for your shipping needs, whether it be mil-spec crates, wood packing crates, or something else.
We pride ourselves on providing our customers with custom wood crates, boxes, and shipping containers that are right for your application and or solutions needed for your industry. Whether your requirements are based on industry standards and or military specifications or if a customized shipping solution is what you need, our team of experts here at Mil-Spec packaging is standing by and determined to help provide you with the best service.
- We aid in determining the most appropriate design and materials for your wood shipping solution.
- Our custom pallet and crating solutions help protect the most sensitive instruments and equipment.
- Mil-Spec Packaging has also developed sophisticated shock resistant and moisture resistant crating and packaging systems to ensure the safety of the equipment.
- We also design and build durable, high-quality multiple use wood packing crates for various other purposes.
We have the experience to provide the best solution for the crating and packaging needs for business clients across many industries. Our professional staff is committed to ensuring your needs are met with custom crates and pallets made to your specs.
The products that require us to meet military specifications (mil-spec crates) will have our own label and number or that of one of our partners. Mil-Spec Packaging’s main objective is to see that your products are handled with care and packaged to your specifications and arrive on location safely. For more information on our custom crating and pallet services, request a quote today.
- Federal Specification for Lite Duty Panelboard Boxes, Wood, Cleated Plywood Crates superseded by ASTM-D-6251 but still commonly referenced.
- Federal Specification for Boxes, Wood, Nailed & Lock-Corner
- Standard Specification for Lite Duty Panelboard Boxes, Wood, Cleated Plywood Crates / Shipping Boxes
- Military Specification – Boxes, Wood Cleated, Skidded, Load-Bearing Base. Medium Duty panelboard sheathed wood shipping containers. Primarily used for loads of less than 2500lbs. Superseded by ASTM-D-6256, but still commonly referenced.
- Medium Duty panelboard sheathed wood shipping containers. Primarily used for loads of less than 2500lbs. Capacities are based on a combination of standard specifications and common industry practices.
- Standard Specification for Crates, Wood, Open & Covered
- Military Specification for Boxes, Ammunition Packing: Wood, Nailed
- Military Specification: Common rigid wood shipping containers / Crates. Primarily used for loads of greater than 2500# / 1100K and higher than 48" / 1200 mm. Typically will not exceed 20' / 6000 mm in length and a width not to exceed that dictated by common transport methods. Capacities are based on a combination of standard specifications and common industry practices. Mil-C-104 was recently superseded by ASTM-D-7478, but is still commonly referenced.
- Common rigid wood shipping containers / Crates. Primarily used for loads of greater than 2500# / 1100K and higher than 48" / 1200 mm. Typically will not exceed 20' / 6000 mm in length and a width not to exceed that dictated by common transport methods. Capacities are based on a combination of standard specifications and common industry practices.
Specialty onsite custom crating and packaging services are among the many services offered by Mil-Spec Packaging. Here are some of the benefits of having us perform crating and packaging jobs in your facility.
- Delicate instruments or equipment that will be used in a clean room environment can be crated on site and placed in protective barrier bags to reduce the level of contaminants. This also provides adequate cushioning through the use of shock pallets and floater decks before being moved off-site.
- Manufacturers are able to provide records that proper shipping precautions were taken that ensure safe transit of product using custom crates & crating systems from their dock to the final destination.
- Manufacturers of specialized equipment frequently produce high ticket items at a low production volume. By utilizing our trained and experienced crews in designing and building custom crating systems for your product, you are assured of a top quality job without having to keep specially trained staff on your payroll.
- The costs and logistics of moving large items or a large number of items make onsite custom crating and pallet services the most cost-effective solution.
Readily exchangeable, used in shipping and storage.
Accepts pallet truck or fork lift.
Has a lower life-cycle cost.
These wood shipping pallets can be blocked (shown) or stringer.